Corned Beef with Boiled Cabbage and Parsley Sauce
- 1 Head of a small to medium cabbage cut into eighths
- 8 medium red or white potatoes
- 1 La Cense Corned Beef (about 3 pounds)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place corned beef in a shallow baking pan and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. You want the internal temperature to reach 145 degrees. Meanwhile bring 10 cups of salted water to a boil and add potatoes (they take 40 minutes to boil). After twenty minutes, add cabbage and boil for another 20 minutes.
Ingredients for Parsley Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups cabbage water
- 1 cup milk
- Handful of fresh parsley minced (about half a cup)
- Salt and white pepper to taste
Preparation for Parsley Sauce:
Melt butter in saucepan, add flour and whisk together. Add two cups of cabbage water, whisk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add milk and parsley, whisk some more, and season to taste. Serve with baked corned beef, cabbage and potatoes.