- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sherry or white wine (optional)
- 1 pound La Cense beef liver, which is pre-cut
- A splash of olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preparation: Season both sides of the liver with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and add a bit of olive oil. When the butter is hot, add the liver. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, remove from the pan and set aside. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in pan and add the sliced onions. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until soft about 5 minutes add sherry and let it reduce! Serve over liver and enjoy!
- 3 pounds Yukon gold, Idaho or all-purpose potatoes, peeled and sliced very thin
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 2 cups (about 8 oz) of shredded Gruyere cheese or Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 clove garlic
Preparation for Potato Dauphinoise:
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Peel potatoes. Slice potatoes very thin with a sharp knife, put them in a large heavy pot and cream and milk. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile ,grease an large casserole dish and wipe with a crushed clove of garlic. Add potato mixture and cover with cheese. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown.