Roasted Chateaubriand with Mushroom and Red Wine Sauce
- 1 La Cense Chateaubriand roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Crushed black pepper and kosher salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, crushed in your hand
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Season beef generously with salt and pepper, massage roast with olive oil and fresh rosemary. Bring roast to room temperature, about ½ an hour.
Place beef roast in roasting pan with a rack and use a meat thermometer. Roast in oven until thermometer inserted into center of beef registers about 125°F for medium-rare, about 35 minutes. Transfer beef to cutting board and let rest 10 minutes (you can cover with tin foil if you are concerned about it getting cold).
*Cook's note: You should heat your plate before serving. It is a nice way of keeping the beef warm when you serve it!
Ingredients for Red Wine Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter plus 3 tablespoons of butter for finishing
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine (of good quality)
- 1 3/4 cups of sliced mushrooms (about 5 oz)
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation of Red Wine Sauce:
Heat butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and mushrooms; sauté until tender about five minutes. Add wine; bring to a boil until reduced by half. Add broth, thyme,sugar and pepper and and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and Finish with butter season to your liking. Serve with roast and enjoy!