- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1- 28 oz can pureed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried Mexican Oregano
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 fifteen once can of hominy or red kidney beans
- Salt, cayenne and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 lb La Cense Grass Fed Steakburger
Brown meat in large heavy pot at a medium high heat; drain excess fat if desired.
Add onions and garlic and saute until soft (about ten minutes) add spices saute until fragant.
Reduce heat and add tomatoes and then add kidney beans and let simmer. Salt and pepper to taste, if you like your chili hot add cayenne pepper but be careful!
Simmer for as long as your like but at least 20 minutes at a very low heat.