Delmonico Steak with Onions and Homemade Sauce
- 1 La Cense Beef Delmonico Steak 4 Pack
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 large yellow skinned onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small white boiling onion
- 1/4 cup dry cooking sherry
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce, 8 ounces
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• Heat a heavy grill pan or griddle pan over high heat.
• Wipe hot grill or griddle with 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil.
• Cook steaks 7 minutes on each side for medium doneness, 9 minutes for medium well. Season steaks with steak seasoning or salt and pepper and remove to a warm platter to allow the meat to rest.
• To cook the onions:
o Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
o Add 1/2 tablespoon oil and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes, until onions are soft and sweet.
o Add balsamic vinegar to the pan and turn onions in vinegar until vinegar cooks away and glazes onions a deep brown color, 3 to 5 minutes.
• To make the steak sauce:
o Heat a small saucepan over medium heat.
o Add 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, garlic and onions and sauté 5 minutes until onion bits are tender.
o Add sherry to the pan and combine with onions.
o Stir in tomato sauce and Worcestershire and season with black pepper.
• To serve, top steaks with onions and drizzle a little steak sauce down over the top, reserving half of the sauce to pass at table.