Delmonico Steak with Onions and Homemade Sauce
- 1 La Cense Beef Delmonico Steak 4 Pack
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 large yellow skinned onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small white boiling onion
- 1/4 cup dry cooking sherry
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce, 8 ounces
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• Heat a heavy grill pan or griddle pan over high heat.
• Wipe hot grill or griddle with 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil.
• Cook steaks 7 minutes on each side for medium doneness, 9 minutes for medium well. Season steaks with steak seasoning or salt and pepper and remove to a warm platter to allow the meat to rest.
• To cook the onions:
o Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
o Add 1/2 tablespoon oil and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes, until onions are soft and sweet.
o Add balsamic vinegar to the pan and turn onions in vinegar until vinegar cooks away and glazes onions a deep brown color, 3 to 5 minutes.
• To make the steak sauce:
o Heat a small saucepan over medium heat.
o Add 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, garlic and onions and sauté 5 minutes until onion bits are tender.
o Add sherry to the pan and combine with onions.
o Stir in tomato sauce and Worcestershire and season with black pepper.
• To serve, top steaks with onions and drizzle a little steak sauce down over the top, reserving half of the sauce to pass at table.
First USDA Approved Grass Fed Program
We are proud to announce that we are the first grass fed program to be approved under the new USDA Grass Fed Standard! Source verified, age verified, Non HormoneTreated Cattle (NHTC), Never Ever 3 (NE3) no antibiotics, no animal by-products or growth promotants. And of course, always grass fed.
About La Cense Beef
With strong commitments to sustainable ranching and humane animal treatment, La Cense Beef is the premier direct-to-consumer grass fed beef operation. La Cense provides 100% grass fed beef directly to your door that has never been "finished" with the introduction of grains into our cattle's diet. La Cense Beef is dedicated to the principles of sustainable ranching, including free roaming and rotational grazing across the ranch. Our Black Angus cattle enjoy the most natural, unadulterated life possible.
La Cense Beef Email Sign Up
Sign up here for exclusive e-offers!