Enjoy this Ginger Citrus Ribeye Steak Soft Tacos
recipe from our friends at Pham Fatale!
1. Pickling mushrooms: Drizzle the mushrooms with ½ teaspoon ginger, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with 1 pinch of thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine the lemon zest, ginger, thyme, paprika, cayenne powder and black pepper.
3. Drizzle the steaks with lemon juice. Pat dry using paper towels.
4. On a large platter, rub the beef with the ginger citrus rub. Add the minced garlic. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon canola oil, chill and allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
5. Remove the beef from the refrigerator so it returns to room temperature. Pat the meat dry one more time.
6. Sprinkle with salt on both sides.
7. In a regular frying pan, heat the oil and add the red onions. Cook over low heat until softened (that way the oil is fragrant).
8. Transfer the onions to a plate, leaving as much oil as possible in the pan. Increase the heat until the oil is really hot, almost to the smoking point.
9. Using tongs, place the beef in the pan (over high heat) and cook for 2-3 minutes. It's important that you do not pierce the meat so it remains moist and tender. You want to create a nice outer crust.
10. Flip the meat on the other side. Grill for another 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
11. Return the red onions to the pan and add the peach chutney. Cook over low heat.
12. Return the steaks with their juice. Make sure each steak is well coated with the onions and chutney.
13. Turn off the heat.
14. Remove the steaks from the pan, cover with a piece of aluminum foil and let the meat sit for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
15. Slice thin and transfer the beef to a platter.
: Make sure the steaks are sliced against the grain, so the meat remains tender.