Top Sirloin Onion and Pepper Saute Recipe
- 1 La Cense Beef Top Sirloin Steak Pack
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic or Red Wine Vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup unsalted beef broth or low-salt chicken broth
- Crumbled Gorganzola or other blue cheese
- Minced fresh Italian parsley
• Place steaks in glass baking dish.
• Mix 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar and half of garlic in small bowl. Pour over steaks; turn to coat. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate 3 hours.
• Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
• Add onion, bell peppers and remaining garlic and sauté 8 minutes.
• Add broth, increase heat and boil until vegetables are tender and liquid thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
• Prepare barbeque (high heat) or preheat broiler. Remove steaks from marinade. Sprinkle with salt and generous amount of pepper.
• Grill steaks until cooked as desired, about 3 to 5 minutes per side for rare.
• Transfer steaks to platter and let stand 5 minutes.
• Bring vegetables to simmer.
• Slice steaks; arrange on platter.
• Top with vegetables and skillet juices.
• Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.