Top Sirloin Onion and Pepper Saute Recipe
- 1 La Cense Beef Top Sirloin Steak Pack
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic or Red Wine Vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup unsalted beef broth or low-salt chicken broth
- Crumbled Gorganzola or other blue cheese
- Minced fresh Italian parsley
• Place steaks in glass baking dish.
• Mix 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar and half of garlic in small bowl. Pour over steaks; turn to coat. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate 3 hours.
• Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
• Add onion, bell peppers and remaining garlic and sauté 8 minutes.
• Add broth, increase heat and boil until vegetables are tender and liquid thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
• Prepare barbeque (high heat) or preheat broiler. Remove steaks from marinade. Sprinkle with salt and generous amount of pepper.
• Grill steaks until cooked as desired, about 3 to 5 minutes per side for rare.
• Transfer steaks to platter and let stand 5 minutes.
• Bring vegetables to simmer.
• Slice steaks; arrange on platter.
• Top with vegetables and skillet juices.
• Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
First USDA Approved Grass Fed Program
We are proud to announce that we are the first grass fed program to be approved under the new USDA Grass Fed Standard! Source verified, age verified, Non HormoneTreated Cattle (NHTC), Never Ever 3 (NE3) no antibiotics, no animal by-products or growth promotants. And of course, always grass fed.
About La Cense Beef
With strong commitments to sustainable ranching and humane animal treatment, La Cense Beef is the premier direct-to-consumer grass fed beef operation. La Cense provides 100% grass fed beef delivered right to your door that has never been "finished" with the introduction of grains into the cattle's diet. La Cense Beef is dedicated to the principles of sustainable ranching, including free roaming and rotational grazing across the ranch. The cattle enjoy the most natural, unadulterated life possible.
La Cense Beef Email Sign Up
Sign up here for exclusive e-offers!